230 VAC Single Phase Motors
Dual Element (Time Delay) Fuses
Conductors Rated at 75C
1. Refer to NEC Article 430 for information about sizing conductors and fuses for motors.
2. Overload values are not calculated in this table. Refer to NEC 430.6(A)(2) and NEC 430.32.
3. If you are calculating conductors to feed a VFD, please see NEC 430.6(C).
4. Check the temperature rating of your equipment and conductors. Refer to 110.14(C)(1)(a).
5. For Short-Circuit and Ground-Fault Protection information, refer to NEC 430.51.
6. For equipment grounding conductors, refer to NEC 250.122.
7. Make sure you contact a qualified electrician, local electrical inspector, or electrical engineer, if you have questions. There are a lot of exceptions in the NEC. Please take the time to learn the rules.
8. If you have a long run, such as a circuit feeding a down hole pump, don't forget to calculate voltage drop. You may need to increase the wire sizes for an efficient installation. The values listed in this table are calculated minimum conductor sizes.